Inactive Rhinopneumonitis Horse Vaccine
H-EquineVac vaccine prepared with Equine Herpes Virus-1 (EHV-1) and Equine Herpes Virus-4 (EHV-4) and
adjuvanted with oil emulsion.
It is used against upper respirator y diseases caused by Equine Herpes viruses (EHV-1) and (EHV-4) of viral
Dose and Application Method:
The dose is 2 ml; containing enough amount of EHV-1 and EHV-4 viruses, applied by intramuscular way.
Second dose is recommended to be applied 3-4 weeks after the first dose. Then, recommended once
yearly. In areas of high risk, horses below 6 years old advised to be vaccinated two doses in a year.
1. Vaccine should be applied to healthy animals only.
2. Vaccine bottle is shake well for better suspension before application.
3. Needle should be sterile.
4. Vaccination periods for first, second and annual should be observed well.
5. Animals vaccinated should be observed for 2 weeks.
6. If any kınd of edema is, observed around ınjectıon point whıch will disappear ın a short time and high
body temperature of (39- 39.5 C) for 2 – 3 days are normal.
7. The vaccine should not be used at the same wıth other vaccine(s) and other ımmunologıcal products.
8. Veterınar y Doctor applying the vaccine should observe general hygıenıc rules, use protective wear,
mask, and medical glove.
9. For Mares, first dose af ter 1-3 months and rappel dose ıs 3-4 months af ter first dose.
10. It is advised that vaccine should be done not af ter 7th month of pregnancy.
11. For Colts, first vaccination when they are 3 months old and rappel 3-4 weeks before weaning.
12. For destruction of empty vaccine bottles, injection needles, ıt is recommended to autoclave them.
Zero (0) day.
Keep + 2 ˚C / + 8 ˚C’ avoid contact with sunlight.